All Products >
Become a Partner
Economical 4K HDMI Extender up to 50m/164ft, HDMI Balun w/ 2-Way PoC & IR ControlSKU: 4KEX60-H2
Partner Discounts | Free Quote
4K@60Hz (4:4:4) 18Gbps up to 35m/115ft：
1080P@60Hz up to 50m/164ft, Support Dolby vision up to 4K@30.
HDCP2.2 with Excellent Audio Pass through：
Backwards support HDCP1.4 and Dolby Atmos, DTS: X, DTS-HD, Master Audio, True-HD, PCM7.1.
Delicate Design and Easy Installation：
Small metal casing with mounting ear makes it fit in anywhere. Threaded power adapter for safety using.
Please use HDMI 2.0 cables for better performance.
Economical 4K HDMI Extender up to 50m/164ft
4KEX60-H2 is a 4K HDMI extender kit with HDCP 2.2 compatibility. The HDMI balun supports resolutions up to 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 8bit, and transmits UHD video, HD audio up to 35m/115ft over a Cat 6 or above cable. It also supports bi-directional PoC and one-way IR pass-through.
1. This product is a transmitter and receiver kit. We don’t sell them separately.
2. One transmitter can work with only one receiver.
- Supports video resolutions up to 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 8bit and HDCP 2.2.
- Over a Cat 6/6a/7 cable, transmits 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 8bit up to 35m/115ft.
- Over a Cat 5e/6/7 cable, transmits 1080P@60Hz up to 50m/164ft.
- Supports multichannel audio up to PCM 7.1, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- Supports one-way IR pass-through from receiver to transmitter.
- Supports bi-directional PoC, one power adapter at either transmitter or receiver side can power both units.
- Slim profile for easy installation.
4K@60 Ultra HD Video
With HDMI 2.0 technology which supports up to 4K@60Hz (4:4:4) HDR 3D resolution, the HDMI extender brings ultra-high definition picture with more vivid visual effect and no signal loss or delay.
The HDMI extender is compatible with the latest HDMI source and display devices, such as Apple TV 4K, Roku 4, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Cisco cable box, Comcast, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Vizio TV, Sky Q. No more hesitation on choosing HDR or 4K@60hz for you could have both.
The HDMI balun supports bi-directional PoC function which integrates power into the Cat 5e/6 cable. Only one power supply is needed at either TX or RX side for hassle-free installation.
Slim and Delicate Design
The transmitter and receiver are easy to install. They are space saving and offer ideal solutions for homes, offices, digital entertainment centers, control centers, conference rooms, schools and corporate training environments.
|Input/Output Signal Type||HDMI 2.0b, HDCP 2.2, 3D|
|Input/Output Resolution Supported||Up to 4096×2160@60Hz, including
|Maximum Data Rate||HDMI: 18Gbps|
|Maximum Pixel Clock||600MHz|
|Audio format supported||Fully supports audio formats in HDMI 2.0 specification, including PCM, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X|
|Operating Temperature||0 °C to + 45°C (32°F to + 113 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to +70°C (-4°F to +158 °F)|
|Humidity||10% to 90%, non-condensing|
|ESD Protection||Human Body Model:
±8kV (air-gap discharge)/
±4kV (contact discharge)
|Product Supply||DC 12V 1A|
|Power Consumption (Max)||6.48W (Pair, PoC)|
|Product Dimension||70mm × 15.2mm × 90mm / 2.76’’ × 0.60’’ × 3.54’’ (Each for TX/RX)|
|Product Weight||0.15kg/0.33lb (Each for TX/RX)|
In the Box
- 4KEX60-H2 Extender x 1
- Power Supply (DC 12V 1A) x 1
- IR Emitter x 1
- IR Receiver x 1
- Mounting Brackets (with Screws) x 4
- User Manual x 1
Documents & Softwares
Download User Manual
Download Connection Diagram
- Check the EQ switch on thereceiver. Toggle it to “30M” position when your Cat cable is less than 30m/100ft long; toggle it to “50M” position when your Cat cable is between 30m/100ft and 50m/164ft long. Power on the extender once again if you have toggled the switch. If there is still no video output, try using a shorter Cat cable to check if it help.
- Make sure the source device and the display device are powered on. And make sure the source device is outputting video signal while the correct HDMI input channel is selected on the display device.
- Connect the source device to the display device directly via an HDMI cable, then set the source resolution to 1080P or After you set the default resolution, please re-connect the source device and the display device to the HDMI extender.
- Make sure all of your HDMI cables work normally. You can connect the source to the display device directly via one of these HDMI cables, to check if video can be shown normally on the display.
- It is recommended to use a Cat5E/6/6A/7 cable, instead of Cat5 or flat cable.
- Please make sure the total length of your cable is less than 50m/164ft, and your cable matches the quality of the corresponding category.
- Please make sure the connectors at both ends of the cable meet the IEEE T568B standard.
- Use a new cable, ortry crimping your Cat cable connectors according to the IEEE T568B standard.
- If you need to usepatch cables at both ends, the length should be as short as possible, no more than 5m/16ft. Please ensure all connectors meet the same standard (IEEE T568B). Also, please note that the total length of the patch cables and the Cat cable should not be over 50m/164ft.
- Please set your source audio’sformat to “PCM” to check.
- Check if your IR connection method is correct. The IR receiver cable needs to be connected to the “IR In”port at one end, and the IR emitter cable needs to be connected to the “IR Out” port at the other end. Please note that the 3.5mm cable connectors need to be fully inserted into the IR ports.
- Check if you use the remote controller correctly and if you place the IR emitter head correctly. When you use the remote controller, it needs to be directly facing the IR receiver head. Besides, the IR emitter head should be placed closely to the IR receiving window of the controlled device.
- Try controlling the source device directly via your remote controller, without using the HDMI extender. Then check if the IR connection works.
An HDMI balun (also known as an HDMI extender) is a device that allows you to extend HDMI signals over long distances using standard Ethernet cables.
This kind of device can help you transmit high-quality video and audio signals from a source device, such as a DVD player, to a display device, such as a television or projector.
An HDMI balun typically consists of two components: a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter is connected to the source device and the receiver is connected to the display device. The HDMI signal is converted into a digital Ethernet signal by the transmitter, and then transmitted over a standard Ethernet cable to the receiver, where it is converted back into an HDMI signal.
HDMI balun is a good choice for simple, straightforward HDMI extension applications, where the main focus is on affordability and simplicity. However, it does not support other signals and is limited to shorter distances compared to HDBaseT HDMI extender.
HDBaseT HDMI extender, on the other hand, is a more versatile and capable solution, supporting longer distances and a wider range of signals. However, it is also more expensive than HDMI balun and requires the use of an Ethernet cable of a higher standard, which can add to the cost of the solution.
You don’t have to power both sides. Just put the adapter on either side and it will power the other side of the transmiter or receiver.
No. You may be interested in this ARC HDMI extender, or the eARC HDMI extender.
No. The product supports one-way IR only and you can control TV from the receiver side. This HDMI extender(4KEX70-H2) supports bi-directional IR control and can do what you expect.
Yes. This product does not support USB extension. What you are looking for is an HDMI KVM extender.
- Firstly, the transmitter and receiver shall be connected directly via an Ethernet cable.
- Secondly, connect your source device to the Transmitter via an HDMI cable; connect your TV or monitor to the receiver via an HDMI cable.
- Lastly, power your extender with the adpater. Then it shall work fine. For more information, check the product manual.
(If this information is not helpful to you, you can raise your question in our community.)
You May Also Like
New-Generation 4K ARC HDMI Extender Kit, HDBaseT Extender w/ S/PDIF Audio Extension, 2-Way IR, PoC & RS232, Ideal for Home Theater
Comparison Chart of Related Products
|Supported Video Resolution||4K@60Hz (4:4:4 8bit), 4K@60Hz (4:2:0 10bit), 1080p@60Hz, 3D||4K@60Hz (4:4:4 8bit), 4K@60Hz (4:2:0 10bit), 1080p@60Hz, 3D||4K@60Hz (4:4:4 8bit), 4K@60Hz (4:2:0 10bit), 1080p@60Hz, 3D||4K@60Hz (4:4:4 8bit), 4K@60Hz (4:2:0 10bit), 1080p@60Hz, 3D||4K@60Hz (4:2:0 8bit), 4K@30Hz 4:4:4, 1080p @60Hz||4K@60Hz (4:4:4 8bit), 4K@60Hz (4:2:0 10bit), 1080p@60Hz, 3D||4K@60Hz (4:4:4 8bit), 4K@60Hz (4:2:0 10bit), 1080p@60Hz, 3D||1080p@60Hz|
|Transmission Range||1m/2m/3m||164ft (50m): 1080P. 115ft (35m): UHD 4K@60Hz 44:4||230ft (70m): 1080P. 130ft (40m): UHD 4K@60Hz 4:4:4||230ft (70m): 1080P. 130ft (40m): UHD 4K@60Hz 4:4:4||330ft (100m): 1080P. 330ft (100m): UHD 4K@60Hz 4:2:0||330ft (100m): 1080P. 330ft (100m): UHD 4K@60Hz 44:4||1000ft(300m):4K & 1080P||394ft(120m): 1080P|
|POE/PoC||/||Bi-Direction||Bi-Direction||Bi-Direction||Bi-Direction||Bi-Direction||No||Can be powered by PoE switch|
|Router/Ethernet Switch Compatibility||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
Want to make sure you’re getting the best solution for your application? Our experts are ready to help..Talk to An Expert Contact us
I hooked this up last year and this has worked flawlessly for over a year. I am using CAT 6a and the run is very long as it goes from the front of my room up through the wall, into the ceiling, across the room and then back over to the center of the room where my EPSON HC5050UB is. If I look at the input details on a HDR movie from my player it shows 60K. I am simply blown away that this works and recommend it to anyone who does not want to run a HDMI or where it is easier to fish a CAT cable through the walls etc. Maybe once or twice I had to unplug the box at my receiver and plug it back in to get the signal to work - but that was maybe when I didn't use my theater room in a couple of weeks / month(s). I have no issues passing any content - Firestick, XBox, Bluray, 3D, 4K --- I have never received any errors. Hope this helps other owners out there looking for a great alternative to solve long run cable issues, or don't want to have to swap HDMIs every time something changes
Awesome Product!! I use these for an outdoor projection system where it would be impractical to run HDMI cable. The feature where both transmitter and receiver are powered from either end make this an even better choice. CAT 6 cable is cheaper and easier to pull through 3/4" conduit than a good quality HDMI cable. It easily mounted under the projector making a single unit to remove when not in use.