Best-Selling 1080P HDMI Extender Kit, 50m/164ft HDMI Balun over Cat5e/6a/7, IR Control, PoC, EQ SwitchSKU: HDEX40-L
Transmits uncompressed 1080P full HD HDMI signal up to 50m/164ft over single cat5e/cat6/cat7/RJ45 cable. Plug and play, no driver needed.
Built-in EQ Switch:
Flexible EQ switch for 30m/50m Ethernet cable. Toggle the switch to adjust the picture quality to match cat cable length.
PoC & IR Functions:
Only one power adapter is required to power both units. Easily control your HDMI source at the display end with built-in wideband IR.
Slim Design & Universal Compatibility:
Compact and portable, as small as a smartphone. Works perfectly with PCs, game consoles and most HDMI devices, ideal for digital signage, home theater, boardroom, classroom, meeting room, etc.
Certificated by CE, FCC. Built-in superior surge/ESD protection. Comes with mounting ears for easy installation.
BEST-SELLING 1080P HDMI EXTENDER W/ IR, POC & EQ SWITCH
HDEX40-L is AV Access’s best-selling 1080P HDMI extender. It can extend full HD HDMI signal up to 50m/164ft via a single Cat 6a/7 cable. It is plug-n-play, no driver needed. This slim HDMI balun supports PoC and IR control, and built with a special EQ switch for 2 cable lengths (30m/50m). With its compact design and reliable quality, the HDMI extender is ideal for A/V extension in home theater, digital signage, boardroom, etc.
1. This product is a transmitter and receiver kit. We don’t sell them separately.
2. One transmitter can work with only one receiver.
- Simple and cost-effective HDMI Extender
- Uncompressed 1080P/60Hz up to 50 meters over Cat 6/6a/Cat 7 cable
- Uncompressed 1080P/60Hz up to 40 meters over Cat 5e cable
- HDMI 1.3b and HDCP1.4 compliance
- Independent HDMI equalization adjustment button on receiver.
- IR pass through from receiver to transmitter
- Built-in PoC, receiver can be powered by transmitter
- Built-in ESD: ±8kV (air-gap discharge) & ±4kV (contact discharge)
- Built-in Surge protection: Voltage ± 1kV
- Compact size for easy installation.
- Simply stick to TV by Velcro Hook/Loop Tape
Built-in EQ Switch
This HDMI extender kit can transmit 1080P@60Hz full HD video signal up to 50m/164ft via a single Cat 6a/7 cable. The receiver is built with an EQ DIP switch, so you can adjust transmission by distance for optimal signal delivery to the display.
IR Remote Control
With built-in wideband IR, you can easily control a DVD player or other HDMI video sources even at the display side. IR emitter and receiver cables are included in the package. And there’s no delay in signal transmission.
One-Way PoC Function
The receiver can be powered by the transmitter, so only one power supply is needed at the transmitter side. It offers you more convenience in installation at the display zone.
Slim & Handy Design
The transmitter and receiver are compact and portable, as small as a smartphone. They are easy to install and space-saving; you can almost place them everywhere in your house.
|Video Signal Type||HDMI 1.3b with HDCP 1.4|
|Supported Input/Output Resolution||1920x1080I8, 1920x1080P8, 1080x720P8, 720x568P8, 720x568I8 ,720x480P8, 720x480I8 |
1 = at 23.98 Hz, 2 = at 24 Hz, 3 = at 25 Hz,
4 = at 29.97 Hz, 5 = at 30 Hz, 6 = at 50 Hz,
7 = at 59.94 Hz, 8 = 60 Hz
|Audio Format Supported||PCM 2.0|
|Maximum Data Rate||6.75 Gbps|
|Operating Temperature||0 °C to 45°C (32°F to 113 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 70°C (-4°F to 158 °F)|
|Humidity||20% to 90%, non-condensing|
|Power Consumption |
|Device Dimensions |
(W x H x D)
|70 mm ×20 mm ×70.2 mm/ 2.75” x 0.79” x 2.76”|
|Product Weight||Transmitter/Receiver: 0.2kg/0.44lb|
- Check the EQ switch on thereceiver. Toggle it to “30M” position when your Cat cable is less than 30m/100ft long; toggle it to “50M” position when your Cat cable is between 30m/100ft and 50m/164ft long. Power on the extender once again if you have toggled the switch. If there is still no video output, try using a shorter Cat cable to check if it help.
- Make sure the source device and the display device are powered on. And make sure the source device is outputting video signal while the correct HDMI input channel is selected on the display device.
- Connect the source device to the display device directly via an HDMI cable, then set the source resolution to 1080P or After you set the default resolution, please re-connect the source device and the display device to the HDMI extender.
- Make sure all of your HDMI cables work normally. You can connect the source to the display device directly via one of these HDMI cables, to check if video can be shown normally on the display.
- It is recommended to use a Cat5E/6/6A/7 cable, instead of Cat5 or flat cable.
- Please make sure the total length of your cable is less than 50m/164ft, and your cable matches the quality of the corresponding category.
- Please make sure the connectors at both ends of the cable meet the IEEE T568B standard.
- Use a new cable, ortry crimping your Cat cable connectors according to the IEEE T568B standard.
- If you need to usepatch cables at both ends, the length should be as short as possible, no more than 5m/16ft. Please ensure all connectors meet the same standard (IEEE T568B). Also, please note that the total length of the patch cables and the Cat cable should not be over 50m/164ft.
- Please set your source audio’sformat to “PCM” to check.
- Check if your IR connection method is correct. The IR receiver cable needs to be connected to the “IR In”port at one end, and the IR emitter cable needs to be connected to the “IR Out” port at the other end. Please note that the 3.5mm cable connectors need to be fully inserted into the IR ports.
- Check if you use the remote controller correctly and if you place the IR emitter head correctly. When you use the remote controller, it needs to be directly facing the IR receiver head. Besides, the IR emitter head should be placed closely to the IR receiving window of the controlled device.
- Try controlling the source device directly via your remote controller, without using the HDMI extender. Then check if the IR connection works.
No. They work in pair through direct connection and can’t be purchased seperately.
You can transmit uncompressed 1080P/60Hz video up to 50 meters over a Cat 6/6a/Cat 7 cable or uncompressed 1080P/60Hz video up to 40 meters over a Cat 5e cable.
This unit only supports direct connection from transmitter to receiver with a single ethernet cable. So it won’t work if you connect it to a switch. See if this is what you are looking for – HDMI over IP extender.
- Firstly, the transmitter and receiver shall be connected directly via an Ethernet cable.
- Secondly, connect your source device to the transmitter via an HDMI cable; connect your TV or monitor to the receiver via an HDMI cable.
- Lastly, power your extender with the adpater. Then it shall work fine. For more information, check the product manual.
(If this information is not helpful to you, you can raise your question in our community.)
You May Also Like
Simple, compact, easy After I've troubleshooted that my cable had too many points of connection (transmitter-cable-wall receptacle-wall receptacle-cable-receiver) and I was losing signal, changed one wall receptacle directly to Cat6 plug, since then works flawlessly. PoE is a godsend trying to hide the receiver behind the TV and not having to deal with another power supply and cable.